Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Eureka!

Today marks my first doodle in my new sketchbook. I've had this new book for well over a month now, but hadn't been sparked with enough inspiration to make that first mark, which is agreeably the most distressing. Now, I assume my entries to come about more routinely and with less attachment. I wanted to share it with you.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at <span class=Photobucket" border="0">

It's just my desk. My little plant that sits next to me while I work and the edge of my computer. Nothing profound, just what I saw. I was waiting for some amazing idea/design to pop into my head, an idea that I wouldn't be able to describe just in the right way so instead I would have to draw it. A there it would be...a revelation! A eureka moment!... At least that's what I hope to experience some day. But for now, drawing what I see is satisfying enough.
I liked how my plant looks like it's plugged into my computer, a plant-powered computer. How clever.
In celebration of this joyous day, I would like to share other famous firsts in history. I really enjoyed the section on famous pinball firsts.
Have a festive Tuesday evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pinball history of firsts is awesome! I wonder if Grandpa's pinball machine was a first for anything. Do you remember the name of it?

Anonymous said...

I seem to recognize that plant...it is really wonderful to know it has such a good home!