Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spring into It

It is always an exciting time, nearing the end of the Spring semester. With approaching Summer weather, longer days and the realization of the dearly needed 3-month break from school (unless that is, you're doing the whole Summer school thing...) life starts to feel a bit more productive. Like today!
We finally got our little garden all planted today and ready to grow, even though Albuquerque's current weather is not what I would consider Spring weather as I listen to the thunder. Anyway, we went for a new mix of vegetables this year: eggplant, okra, tomatoes (including yellow and purple - I know, purple! Weird right?) and lots of green chili (two types: Santa Fe and EspaƱola, represent). It should prove to be an interesting crop.


We also got our herb garden going, with basil, chives and tons of spearmint. Sadly we had to sacrifice our beloved cactus which occupied this bed previously... however! We were able to replant most of it.

Another interesting thing I did today: I transformed my face! Go here to do it yourself. I first heard about it on Rocketboom and then saw my friend Katie's transformed faces on Facebook. I had to do it.
Check it out! Starting top left: Old HBop, Asian HBop, chimp HBop, Artsy HBop, East Indian HBop, Man HBop (this one kinda creeps me out) and finally normal HBop!

You can do other transformations too, but these came out best for me.
What else... Oh! I recently discovered a new artist I really like, Audrey Kawasaki. She's amazing. I think I love every single one of her paintings. All of her paintings are done on wood, which gives them a really rich, mystical feel.


My banana bread just came out of the oven and it smells so good, I'm going to have a fresh slice.
And that's great... it's pouring outside. I hope my little plants survive the night...

2 comments:

Katie said...

The "man" face of you looks exactly like this guy in my tennis class. Weird!!

Anonymous said...

I checked out artist lady... Some very beautiful paintings/doodles. Only had a couple problems: 1. can't stand obsession with women who look like they're seven! Come on society, women are real, not plastic. 2. (And this is related to the fist one) The noses were so tiny it was getting kind of riduculous. Maybe I'm just upset because of my big giant Jewish nose, but it looked like the noses were so eensy weensy they didn't even look right on the faces.

But anyway, there was some seriously beautiful artwork on that site! Thanks for the heads up.