Wednesday, April 4, 2007

a little bad news... LOTS of Good News

There are a few issues I would like to address.
First, coming back to my post on words for snow in Inuit languages, it appears the future hope of putting an end to this misguided fact will simply evolve into something new, never actually being rectified.

A sad fact to come to terms with, but at least I am solaced with the knowledge that you readers recognize the truth of the situation.

Despite that, my spirits were lifted upon the discovery of LibraryThing. If you're a reader or if you want to pretend you are, this site is for you. It's like the delicious of libraries. Here, you create your own library, organizing books you've read or are reading, get recommendations from the site or other users, AND if you have a blog or website LibraryThing has a widget that will tell your readers what you're current reading interests are. (I plan on getting mine on here ASAP!)

My last two issues relate to recent artsy findings, the first being a music video by The Whitest Boy Alive. Just a few months ago I heard about this band through friends and have been listening to them quite regularly ever since. I never would have imagined their video to come out like this, but after seeing it, I feel that the music and animation fit together surprisingly well.



My other artsy finding is this really awesome Ukrainian graffiti. How wonderful it would be if all graffiti looked as outlandish and quirky as these masterpieces. Walking to school would be so wonderfully quizzical!

Oh, and of course my last bit of good news: HAPPY BIRTHDAY IAN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the b-day shout out! I really like the Ukranian graffiti, it's totally weird.