Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Websites I Couldn't Live Without

1. Del.icio.us - I just don't know how I actually believed I was even remotely organized before del.icio.us entered my life. Delicious allows it's users to categorize and share all their bookmarks with other users. Genius! So simple but oh so necessary for the ever expanding realm of the internet. Thank you Ian!

2. Rocketboom - a daily vlog almost as random as Gum & Carrots. I entertain myself with the belief that I'm educating myself by watching it. But if you're too cool to watch Rocketboom, feel free to gorge yourself with The9.

3. Craigslist - everybody better know what this is by now. If you don't, go to this site now, and stop spending money on posting your classified ads in the Journal. I don't use craigslist as often as the other listed sites, but when I need it, it saves my life. I sold my car after only having it posted for 2 days!

4. Pandora - This is the best internet radio site I've found. It's free - if you want it to be - and lets you create your own stations. Your stations are based off a chosen band or song you like, and then randomly plays related songs. As you listen you rate each song played, and the station becomes more and more specific to your likes.

5. Digg.com - almost identical to reddit.com, these 2 sites allow users to post interesting things they find on the internet, and rate them, by either "digging" them or giving them points. These sites help me keep up to date with those obscure little facts buried somewhere online. Let other people find them, you just judge them.

6. Well, #6 used to be Daily Monster, but alas, that era has passed. So I guess I'll stay in the same category and pick Drawn, an illustration and cartooning blog. As you may already know, I lack a talent for drawing and desire a more professional skill. This site has definitely provided some much needed inspiration to get me doodling again.

7. Allrecipes.com - not that cool, but I have to admit, I use it almost daily. Honestly, the title is not a lie, which I first expected it to be. It really has everything. Especially a great veggie section.

8. I really don't want to say what I have for #8...but what's a blog if it's not honest... myspace, there I said it. Or facebook. Definitely a guilty pleasure, but - perhaps I'm lying to myself - I do feel that I stay better connected with my friends. 'Nuff said.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I feel ever so much more informed I love it!