Sunday, February 25, 2007

My Ode to Stefan G. Bucher

Today marks the last Daily Monster from Stefan G. Bucher. It's been a great last 100 days, starting off every day with a healthy dose of skritchy sharpie sounds and air-blown paint streaks. And then topping it all off with a lively animation - oh there is nothing more satisfying. Whether it's dancing, glaring, or just acting sketchy, each monster has been a joy. I do have one regret, in regard to being such a fan of DM, I never posted a story for one of the monsters. All those fans that regularly created astoundingly creative stories for these recent acquaintances have my profound respect. But what of all those fans, perhaps bigger fans than I? If I feel like my daily routine is being forced to find new morning entertainments, how do these people feel? The ones that put in at least an hour or more everyday, just trying to create a meaningful story. How will they ever get over it? How will they fill the void that the arrival of the 100th monster has created? Will they find something new? Better? Hmmm...Maybe they will come across a new blog, one where they can write comments...give advice to a new blogger...gum and carrots anyone???

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ok, that Dailymonster.com is just cool. Really cool. I love finding new things to waste hours and hours of my life on!