Thursday, February 22, 2007

In the Beginning...

So blogging huh?? A very interesting concept, being that anyone with basic literacy and internet access can create their very own page. And to do what? To simply share what's on their mind or with the idea that they have some knowledge they wish to impart on the rest of us? The first thought that comes to mind is that there must be some pretty boring blogs out there. Anyway, for some reason I feel drawn "to blog" (interesting verb usage) even though I do not consider myself a strong writer. Just the thought of writing something original daily(ish) causes an uncomfortable feeling (as I notice I've bitten off a few nails just trying to write that sentence). But I'm still so excited about blogging. I'm curious to know why exactly... is it because I feel like I have something to share? Or maybe I just need another outlet? Perhaps I simply enjoy talking about myself, however I don't feel that the latter fits my personality type. I want to say that this blog is just for me, some exercise in life, learning how to confront difficult tasks and completing them successfully and thoroughly, something I know I really lack. Putting myself out there, not caring what people think, not always agreeing with everyone, having my opinion heard...maybe this will encourage those traits to express themselves more clearly. But, who knows...
Anyway, this being my first post I was hoping to create some sort of direction for this blog. My above blabbing was an attempt to find that direction, however, as of now, I've got nothing. I felt that my title choice will allow me to take any path I want, perhaps changing on a daily basis. Yeah... that sounds good... a kind of wild card, you never know what's going to pop up.

No comments: