Friday, February 23, 2007

My 10 Random Things - sick version


So I first posted this on my myspace blog, but thought I should share it here as well. I felt this was a good exercise to get writing. Just write a few sentences about any 10 random things that pop into your head. It's surprisingly fun!

1. Gum and carrots, the name of my blog, plus the two things that annoy the hell out of Evan when I chew them. I just can't resist! That crunch of a fresh carrot, or the smack of a good piece of gum!

2. short hair - so I heard this was supposed to be easier. As I recall, with long hair, I could get up in the morning, put a hair tie around it and go. But with short hair, I now understand the concept of "bed head". Not the most flattering look in the morning.

3. Oh Kristin! Of course, she has to be one of my random things. Whether it's getting coffee in the morning or going out for drinks, I have found a new best thing in life with this chica!

4. Another "best thing in life" would have to be all our plants. We have a ridiculous amount, over 30 I think. I just love taking care of them, watching them grow-- ok, I'll just stop right there.

5. So I'm sick right now, and it blows. I know exactly when I started getting sick - during that movie at Kristin's! Damn that movie! I don't know why it did this to me. I'm never watching it again.

6. My congested head is having a hard time with number six...

7. There' one thing in life I wish I was better at: drawing. I have spent much of my education doodling away during class, yet somehow it has not improved my skill at all. Maybe I need a new medium, perhaps colored pencils.

8. So we watched The Evil Dead last night, and I have to be honest, I wasn't that impressed. Ok, I did jump once, but mostly I found myself frustrated with how LONG some of those scenes were. I get it, she got stabbed and it hurt, I don't need to hear her scream about it for 5 minutes!

9. Getting up in the morning and making tea. It's just plain dandy. I'm definitely a morning person, and I feel that is the part of the day I am most happy. Evan is definitely NOT a morning person, but I think I make his morning a little bit better when I hand him his morning cup of tea.

10. Fluffy pillows and flannel blankets. That is where I'm headed now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.dolabuy.com/celine-bags.htm celine handbag bond street stores edition handicapped cardigan interface concede sudden louis vuitton backpack for women womens leather accessories louis vuitton speedy handbag price celine handbags 2013