Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Finding Joy in Concoctions


While browsing through the list of 50 Ways to Find Joy number 14 particularly caught my eye:

14 Awaken your Inner Julia Child. Create a dish without a recipe from just the ingredients in your pantry. Discover your creative power.

As our kitchen is currently in a muddle of scarcity, I realized I successfully completed this task the night before. And yes, I would have to agree, it was a joyous experience. So joyous in fact, I would like to share it with you readers. Really, it's staggering what you can throw together from the odds and ends scattered throughout your kitchen.

Spinach Chili Pasta

In a skillet:
Cook: 2 cloves garlic in some olive oil for a few minutes
Add: - 2 cans tomatoes, retaining juice from one
- good spoonful of tomato paste
- a bunch of chopped green chili (As much as you want, I used a grip)
Thaw: 1 package of frozen spinach and add to sauce
Add: lots of basil, parsley, Pasta Sprinkle, and salt and pepper to taste

Let simmer for about 10 minutes
Serve over pasta, top with shredded mozzarella, and yes, believe me when I say, it was marvelously delectable.

Ohmygod... bee infestation! Must go!! I'll explain later!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When does the first hbop cookbook come out? When it does, sign me up!