Monday, May 28, 2007

Confession


I feel that honesty is the best way to keep any relationship healthy, so I guess it's about time I fessed up. I've been blogging for someone else.

Last week I began my internship at the Weekly Alibi, an event I was highly anticipating. And man, it's pretty awesome. I'm officially a web intern and my tasks are to webify (I'm still learning the jargon) and to blog. Webifying, in Alibinese, means to add links within a story or article. For example, at the beginning of this post, I made "Weekly Alibi" into a link. So I read through the articles, find things that I think people might want to read more on or just don't know about, and make those into links. It's actually pretty fun.

But the really exciting part is the blogging. I haven't had any of my writing posted on their blog yet, but I believe it will begin soon. If you check out the Alibi's blog, you'll probably notice that the content is quite similar to G&C, with the exception of more local news. This has proved to be a double-edged sword. It's great because since my topics I bring up on G&C are so similar, it won't be that difficult to write articles the Alibi will like. BUT, recently, since those ideas for posts have automatically been put towards writing posts for the Alibi, G&C has been suffering from my lack of attention. I've thought about double posting, for example, if I write something for the Alibi, I would post it on G&C too, or vice-versa, but I just feel like that's unfair. I want to keep both original and separate. That's easier said than done, though.

So I'm in a pickle.

If any of you have any advice, please share it. I'm open for any suggestions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when people ask for advice! Since you asked....I'm interested to learn more about cohousing and, specifically, about any green cohousing projects around the country...or world, for that matter. I'd like to learn what has worked and what hasn't and the different approaches that have been taken. I like the idea of "intentional neighborhoods" because they seem like a natural fit with a sustainable/green/organic lifestyle.
--Margie

Kristin said...

I don't think honesty is the best way to keep a relationship healthy...but that is ok, I'm glad you made this into a blog, a blog about your job as a blogger he he he